With the popularity of NBA jerseys cheap growing dramatically within the last decade, so have the quantity of fake or counterfeit jerseys being offered as authentic. Unfortunately, counterfeit jerseys are big business. It really is estimated that tens of vast amounts are lost annually to counterfeiters. Legitimate sales are lost, producer’s royalties are unpaid, as well as the sports fans get inferior quality merchandise – everybody loses!
Many scam artists setup shop and peddle their fake merchandise at sports events and temporary locations. The sales pitch usually starts with a good deal price. This is usually the hook which is used to lure the prospective buyer in to a high-pressure sales pitch.
The owner may inform you that the reason behind the bargain price is because they received a good deal on overstocked merchandise, or they were fortunate enough to buy out the stock of the going-out-of-business retailer. And of course, all of this features a “guarantee” that the sports jersey is the genuine article. Don’t buy it!
Almost certainly these sports jerseys are knock-offs (unauthorized copies) shipped in from overseas. These fakes usually have bad quality materials and inferior manufacturing processes. Bad stitching, faded colors, off-sizes, and all sorts of-around cheap appearance are common characteristics of the counterfeit jersey.
The same unscrupulous vendors have gone hi-tech by selling their fake merchandise on the internet. If you would like try your hand at buying that favorite sports jersey at one of many online auctions – think again! It is estimated that around 95% of the Mitchell & Ness throwback jerseys in love with eBay are counterfeits.
Law enforcement agencies are beginning to police these fake sports jerseys as well as the vendors that sell them. The counterfeit jerseys are now being confiscated and also the vendors arrested. Selling or manufacturing counterfeit jerseys is an extremely serious crime. Penalties to get a first offense can be a fine of up to $2 million and ten years in prison. A second offense virtually doubles these penalties.
Despite these efforts, there is certainly still a massive black niche for the counterfeit jerseys. The policing agencies are simply not staffed up to stop the big inflow of such NBA store Australia coming in from overseas. So, your very best advice is – Buyer Beware!
Follow these 6 tips and you can rest assured that the next purchase would be the “real thing” – a certified, high-quality official sports jersey:
* Be suspicious of prices too good to be real – they generally are.
* Don’t purchase jersey from your street vendor – authorized dealers rarely market authentic sport jerseys in stadium parking lots or on street corners.
* Check out the jersey carefully. Fakes normally have poor stitching and faded (or wrong) team colors.
* Believe it or not, look at the spelling of your name in the team or player. Fakes often have misspellings. Think it over – an identity like R-o-e-t-h-l-i-s-b-e-r-g-e-r just isn’t that easy to obtain right.
* Try to find the official sport logo – NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. Most cheap NBA jerseys Australia display the league logo such as a hologram.
* Official jerseys display the name of dexupky45 licensed manufacturer and a trademark — this really is a must.
Remember – when the “deal” sounds too good, it probably is! Smart sports fans, just like you, make their sports jersey purchases from reputable, licensed merchants and are proud of knowing they are wearing the true DEAL!